Faye Dunaway is captured here in a wonderfully natural but artfully staged photograph after she won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role as ruthless TV executive Diana Christensen in the 1976 film Network
. One of O'Neill's most famous images, this spectacular shot depicts Faye reclining poolside with her Oscar and the day's headlines the morning after her triumph. A photograph from this edition hangs in the permanent collection of the National Portrait Gallery in London, England.
About winning an Oscar, Faye once said, "I will never forget the moment, and the feeling, when I heard my name. It was, without question, one of the most wonderful nights of my life. The Oscar represented the epitome of what I had struggled for and dreamt about since I was a child. The emotional rush of getting this accolade, the highest one this industry can award you, just hit me like a bomb. It was the symbol of everything I ever thought I wanted as an actress."
Terry and Faye began a romantic relationship after this photoshoot and would later marry and have a child. Though they divorced in 1987, they remained close friends.
- Terry O'Neill offered a wide variety of signed, limited edition, fine art photographs during his lifetime. When he passed away, he left a small archive of these pieces that had been prepared for exhibition and sale. These "Lifetime" photographs are now extraordinarily rare, and available only in very limited sizes.
- Terry O'Neill also produced an additional series of limited edition photographs of some of his most iconic images, that were co-signed by the subjects in addition to Terry.
- Estate-Stamped limited edition photographs are also now available* in select sizes! *Estate editions are offered only in the case that the original signed editions of 50 had not already sold out.
This piece may be available as a signed or co-signed piece, please see the options below, or contact us for details!
- This photograph is considered one of Terry O'Neill's "Premium" pieces due to its popularity with collectors during his lifetime.
- There are also VERY FEW AVAILABLE in the co-signed editions in very limited sizes. These are SIGNED BY BOTH Terry O'Neill and Faye Dunaway.
Please use the "CHOOSE A SIZE" button below to view any available sizes (details will show when a selection is made).
Estate photographs are printed to order in the UK so please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. Each Estate photograph will bear a digital facsimile of Terry's signature on the front (lower right) along with the edition number and and estate stamp on the reverse. All buyers will receive a certificate of authenticity following delivery of their purchase.